TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTHHome
PART 890 ILLINOIS PLUMBING CODE
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SECTION 890.230 SAFE PAN MATERIAL AND CONSTRUCTION
Section 890.230 Safe Pan Material and Construction
a) Material. Safe pans shall be made only of lead, copper, aluminum, galvanized steel, stainless steel, ABS, PVC or fiberglass material.
1) Lead sheets for safe pans shall weigh at least 4 pounds per square foot.
2) Copper sheets for safe pans shall weigh at least 12 ounces per square foot.
3) Aluminum, galvanized steel and stainless steel safe pans shall be of at least 24 gauge material.
4) ABS or PVC safe pans or liners shall be 30 mil or 40 mil.
5) Fiberglass for safe pans or liners shall be equally durable to the ABS and PVC material described in subsection (a)(3) of this Section.
b) Construction. All safe pans shall be constructed with preformed dam corners, shall be watertight, adequately reinforced and provided with a drain opening designed to make a watertight joint. ABS and PVC safe pans and liners shall be solvent welded together with the proper cement.
(Source: Amended at 28 Ill. Reg. 4215, effective February 18, 2004)